How to Install and Configure the Scytec DataXchange Service
This article will install and configure the Scytec DataXchange (DX) Service.
- Local Administrator Rights
- DataXchange Account Number
- DataXchange Account Password
The DataXchange Account Number and Password can be obtained from your Account Executive or a SFA technician.
- Download the Scytec DataXchange Service (link)
- Review the minimum requirements (link)
Install and Configure the Scytec DX Service
- Extract the files, then run setupDXService.exe
- Click Options
- Fill out Account Number and Account Password
- Check the box to agree to the license terms and conditions
- Click OK
- Click Install
Restart the Scytec DX PCS Service
- Open Windows Services
- Locate and restart "Scytec DataXchange PCS Service"
If the installation fails or locks up, try one of the following:
- Try again, but under options uncheck "Start Services", then once its installed, manually start the service
- Check if HTTP Port 80 is being used by something else on the PC such as a web server
- Either remove the conflict or change the HTTP Port to something else such as 81
Scytec DataXchange Onsite Preparation
Overview To help prepare for your onsite Scytec DataXchange installation, it is recommended you read the following article. The technician will implement features detailed in the scope. Feel free to ask a SFA technician any questions. DataXchange ...
How to Install Scytec DataXchange
Overview The Scytec DataXchange application is installed from the internet. An already established Account and User Name is required to log in. Requirements .NET Framework v4.7.2 Internet Access DataXchange User Name and Password DataXchange Account ...
Log into Scytec DataXchange for the First Time
Overview This article will demonstrate how to log into Scytec DataXchange for the first time. Requirements .NET Framework v4.7.2 Internet Access DataXchange Account Number and Account Password (supplied by SFA) Preparation Install Scytec ...
ODI and DataXchange not connection to DataXchange Service
Overview This article will help go over getting ODI to connect to DataXchange Service. Requirements Local Administrator Rights To be on Scytec DataXchange Service computer How to test if Windows Firewall is blocking ODI From the Start Menu, search ...
DataXchange RTV Configuration Recommendations
Overview Setting up a RTV dashboard is almost a requirement to a successful implementation of Scytec DataXchange. This article provides recommendations for PC settings and DataXchange configurations to ensure a reliable RTV dashboard. PC ...