How to Troubleshoot Predator Secure DNC
This will go over how to find and view Predator Secure DNC Logs, check if the Predator Secure DNC executable is running on the machine, and provide some basic troubleshooting steps.
- Access to Predator DNC v11 Administrator
- Access to CNC Machine Windows Side
Access Predator Secure DNC Logs via Predator DNC
- If Predator DNC is running as a service, first go to Services and stop Predator DNC Service
- Launch Predator DNC v11 Administrator, can be found on the desktop or start menu
- Go to Command > Cancel All
- Click on the machine in question
- Click the + plus sign next to machine
- Click on the object that says Send to CNC
- Right click on Send to CNC
- Click Properties...
- Click Next until you are on the "Secure DNC Terminator" page
- Click Next
- Click View Log File
Notate the CNC Install Folder. The Predator DNC Server you are on must have the same folder on the hard drive. If you do not have one, create it now.
- The log will open in your default text editor
- If an error pops up, the Predator Secure DNC executable is either not running or offline; see Troubleshooting steps section for more information
Access Predator Secure DNC Logs via CNC Machine
- On the CNC Control, you must get to the Windows side
- From Windows, go to C:\Predator (sometimes this will be on the D drive instead)
- Open psdnc.log
- If psdnc.log is missing or has a very old date, psdnc.exe is not running; see Troubleshooting steps section for more information
- Confirm you can ping the CNC machine from the Predator DNC server; if not, correct that issue
- Manually send a program from Predator DNC and check the Predator DNC logs for additional errors
- Provide logs, or pictures of logs, to a SFA technician via firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Install Predator Secure DNC on a Windows-Based CNC Machine
Overview This article goes over how to install Predator Secure DNC on your Windows-based CNC machine. Requirements USB Flash Drive psdnc.exe (located in C:\Predator Software\Secure DNC\) Predator Windows Utility (link) Install of Predator SecureDNC ...
Getting Unable to authenticate to Secure DNC error in Predator DNC
Problem Unable to send to a Windows Based CNC control. Looking in Predator DNC logs, "Unable authenticate to Secure DNC Failed to initialize clientSocket for Login. Socket Message:SDncSocket:InitializeClientSocket:Unable to establish connection port ...
How to Back Up the Predator DNC PXP Configuration
Overview Backing up the Predator DNC configuration is key to preventing shop downtime. The Predator DNC configuration is known as the PXP. To back up the the PXP, use the following as a general guideline to find it and save to a secure location. Shop ...
How to Quickly Troubleshoot Predator DNC
Overview This article is designed to help you quickly get Predator DNC up and running. Requirements IP Address of the Hardware or CNC Machine Access to the Predator DNC Computer Local Administrator Rights Not everyone will need Local Administrator ...
Predator DNC Onsite Preparation
Overview To help prepare for your onsite Predator DNC installation, it is recommended you read the following article. The technician will implement features detailed in the scope. Features such as drip-feed must be defined in the scope to be ...