Why am I getting a SIM Wrapper Error 5?
SIM Wrapper Error 5 is the most common licensing error. To correct the issue, review the options below and match them to your scenario.
SIM Wrapper Error 5
- Bad Serial Number or Access Codes
- Verify you typed the codes correctly
- SFA recommends doing a copy/paste
SIM Wrapper Error 5 (SIM ID)
- This is most likely due to the use of remote desktop (RDP). The SIM ID will appear in the parenthesis, e.g. SIM Wrapper Error 5 (5360).
- Go ahead and enter the Serial Number and Access Code, then press OK. Let the error message appear, dismiss it, then close Predator DNC. Now launch Predator DNC without running as administrator. Check to confirm the codes applied by checking the serial number by going to Help > About.
- If this fails, manually enter the code in the registry. This is only for experienced users.
SIM Wrapper Error 5 (0)
- Can't find SIM
- Confirm the SIM is plugged into the computer
- Unplug and try plugging into another USB port
- Make sure the Sentinel Drivers are installed, download (link) and install if not
Why am I getting a SIM Wrapper Error 14?
Problem After entering license information, I get a SIM Wrapper Error 14 (0) Reason The Predator application does not have permissions to write to the registry Solution Run the Predator Application as administrator While holding Shift, right-click on ...
What does this SIM wrapper error mean?
Contact support for a more in-depth explanation, but here are some codes: We always recommend you first make sure you review your Predator serial number and access code for typos. Extra spaces or tabs can cause issues. Don’t assume a zero in the code ...
What is a ‘SIM Wrapper Error’ after moving Predator DNC to a new computer?
The SIM Wrapper Error is actually one of many various errors generated during licensing. If you recently moved your computer then you may have forgotten to move your USB license key to your new computer. If you are still experiencing issues after ...
What causes a Mazak parity error?
Problem When parameters match on the Mazak and PC/USB, the machine is getting a parity H or set new paper tape error. Reason When transferring EIA (i.e. Tape, G-Code) programs in and out of a Mazak, the data, parity, and stop bit should mismatch. ...
When launching a Predator application, a printer error appears
Problem When launching a Predator application, an error pops up that says "Problem getting printer information from the system. Make sure the printer is set up correctly." Solutions In Windows and under Printer & Scanners, toggle the option to "Let ...