How to Configure Fanuc FTP Settings - 2005 or Newer
This article includes steps to configure FTP and set the appropriate I/O channel to send to and from a FTP server. In this case, the CNC machine acts as the FTP client.
- CNC Connected to Network
- FTP Server IP Address
- FTP Server User name & Password
- Fanuc 0i-MD, 0i-TD, 0i-MF, 0i-TF
- Fanuc 30i Model A, Model A5, Model B, Model B5
- Fanuc 31i Model A, Model A5, Model B, Model B5
- Fanuc 32i Model A, Model A5, Model B, Model B5
- Essentially any Fanuc control manufactured after 2005
- If not already done, connect the CNC control to the network (instructions)
Configure FTP Settings
- Press SYSTEM button
- Press the right arrow soft key until you see EMBED PORT on the softkeys
- Press EMBED PORT
- Press FTP TRANS, this takes you to page 1/6
- Set HOSTNAME (IP ADDRESS) to the host computers IP address (Predator DNC computer)
- Leave PORT NUMBER set to 21
- Set USER NAME to the FTP Server user name for this machine (typically machine number)
- Set PASSWORD to the FTP Server password for this machine (typically machine number)
- Press PAGE DOWN button to go to page 2/6
- Leave LOGIN FOLDER blank
- Repeat steps 2-7 for pages 3/4 (Host 2) and 5/6 (Host 3)
Change I/O Channel
- Put the machine in MDI mode
- Press the SETTING button
- Set the I/O CHANNEL to "9"
- Turn the CNC Control off then back on to apply changes
How to Configure Fanuc Network and FOCAS Settings
Overview This article includes steps to configure network and FOCAS settings. Requirements Static IP Address, Subnet Mask, & Gateway Network Drop Preparation Plug network cable into CD38A port, this is typically located in the main electrical cabinet ...
How to Change Fanuc FTP Host
Overview When using FTP with a Fanuc, you can have up to three hosts configured. This article includes steps to toggle between the different hosts. Requirements Fanuc control with configured FTP Host (How to Configure Fanuc FTP Settings - 2005 or ...
How to Check for Fanuc FOCAS
Overview This article will help identify if your control has Fanuc FOCAS. Check for Ethernet Port We are looking for the CD38A port, this is typically located in the main electrical cabinet or behind the LCD screen Electrical Cabinet location, common ...
How to Ping from a Fanuc Control
Overview Pinging from the Fanuc control is an important troubleshooting step to determine of the CNC machine can talk to the network and/or a computer. Controls Fanuc 0i-MD, 0i-TD, 0i-MF, 0i-TF Fanuc 30i Model A, Model A5, Model B, Model B5 Fanuc 31i ...
How to Set Fanuc RS-232 Parameters - 16, 18, 21, 0i, 30i, 31i, 32i
Controls Fanuc 16-M, 16-T, 16i-M, 16i-T, 16i-MB, 16i-TB, 160i-MB, 160i-TB, 160is-MB, 160is-TB Fanuc 18-M, 18-T, 18i-M, 18i-T, 18i-MB, 18i-TB, 180i-MB, 180i-TB, 180is-MB, 180is-TB Fanuc 21-M, 21-T, 21i-M, 21i-T, 21i-MB, 21i-TB, 210i-MB, 210i-TB, ...