How to Update or Change a Predator License
The following article explains how to update or change a Predator license. This will describe how to go from a temporary license to a permanent license, a permanent license to a temporary license, change a permanent or temporary license, extend a temporary license, and upgrade to a new license version (i.e. 0A... to 0B...).
- Local Administrator Rights
- Serial Number and Access Code
- USB SIM (for permanent license)
Change or Update a Predator License
If going from a temporary to permanent license, plug in the USB SIM now
- If going from a temporary to permanent license, plug in the USB SIM (this will need to remain plugged in permanently)
- Close all open Predator applications
- If licensing Predator DNC and its running as a Windows Service, stop the service before proceeding
- Locate the shortcut for the Predator application, but do not launch
- While holding the Shift key, right click the shortcut and click Run as administrator
- If asked to log in, do so now
- For Predator DNC only, go to Command > Cancel All..., all other applications can skip this step
- Go to Options > Upgrade...
- Fill out Name and Company
- Copy and paste Serial Number and Access Code into applicable fields
- Set License Type to "Unknown"
- Click OK when done
- Upon success, the Predator application will remain open
The following articles require a Shop Floor Automations Portal account. When prompted, create an account to gain access to the articles.
- Why am I getting a SIM Wrapper Error 5?
- Why am I getting a SIM Wrapper Error 14?
How to License a New Predator Installation
Overview The following article explains how to license a new install of a Predator product. Requirements Local Administrator Rights Serial Number and Access Code USB SIM Licensing a New Installation Plug in the USB SIM into the PC (this will need to ...
How to License a Predator FLM Client
Overview The following article explains how to license Predator products that use a floating license distributed by a Predator FLM server. To license a Predator FLM server, please read the following article instead (link) Requirements Local ...
How to Use Predator License Utility
Overview Occasionally, when licensing Predator products the license information's is not properly stored in the Windows Registry and will prompt for license information on every launch. Even with full administrator rights, this can become a problem. ...
Why am I unable to license CNC Editor software?
Even if the USB SIM is in the computer, and the serial number and access codes have been verified, this problem may still occur. There are many reasons for this, but the most common and easily solved reasons are: 1. Make sure you are opening the red ...
Why Does Predator Keep Requesting License Information?
Problem Everything time I launch my Predator application, it requests the license information even though I enter the correct information each time. Reason Predator applications require write permissions to the Windows Registry. When done without ...