Predator DNC Remote Installation Preparation
To help prepare for your remote Predator DNC installation, it is recommended you read the following Knowledge Base. Feel free to ask a SFA technician any questions.
The Predator DNC application will use a temporary license until you receive the permanent USB SIM. We will need a Network ID to obtain the temporary license.
Software to Download
- Operator or someone who knows how to operate the machine
- IT Contact
Information to Have Ready
- Local Administrator Rights
- Static IP Addresses for each device or CNC control
- SSID and Encryption Key (for wireless hardware only)
- Location of current NC part programs
- Machine name, make, and model
- Machine control model
- Current baud rate, data bit, stop bit, and parity, when applicable
- The technician will connect remotely via TeamViewer (TeamViewer QuickSupport)
- Install and license Predator DNC
- Program hardware and install drivers
- Assist with control settings
- Configure machine connectivity in Predator DNC
- Test connectivity
- Provide training and documentation as needed
program wireless hardware, we will need a direct Ethernet connection to the
device. It is recommended we use a laptop with Wi-Fi and an available Ethernet
port or a PC with a second Ethernet port. If this is not possible, we can
either walk you through the steps verbally or provide the necessary
Predator DNC Onsite Preparation
Overview To help prepare for your onsite Predator DNC installation, it is recommended you read the following article. The technician will implement features detailed in the scope. Features such as drip-feed must be defined in the scope to be ...
Why am I getting “Too Many Active Commands” message in Predator DNC logs?
Overview Predator DNC is trying to open more ports than you are licensed for. You either have too many machines configured or you have more then one PXP configuration file open. If you do have too many machines/commands configured, request an upgrade ...
How to Install Predator DNC v11
Overview The following article will have you download, install, and license Predator DNC v11. Requirements Local Administrator Rights Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework Preparation Request a license (Instructions) Enable .NET 3.5 Framework for Windows 10 ...
How to License a New Predator Installation
Overview The following article explains how to license a new install of a Predator product. Requirements Local Administrator Rights Serial Number and Access Code USB SIM Licensing a New Installation Plug in the USB SIM into the PC (this will need to ...
Why is Predator DNC v11 not able to open after installation?
Overview If you installed Predator DNC v11 and it will not open after the installation, review this article to fix the Registration Information dialog. Registering DLL for Predator DNC Open an elevated command prompt (administrator) In the start menu ...